About West Coast Expeditions' Sea Kayak Tours & Wilderness Retreat
With attention to detail, our team and location offers you base camp kayaking tours with camping comforts and paddling options like nowhere else, highly flexible family kayaking adventures, and guided sea kayak expeditions for more experienced paddlers wanting to explore the outer edge of Canada. We've specialized in sharing the rich wildlife of the west coast and Kyuquot area through kayaking tours since 1988, and personalized marine adventures since 1972.
|Thank you so much for an absolutely fantastic time at Spring Island. You and your staff are the best in so many ways. The whole operation is flawless from our point of view. Your hospitality to us and to all who came by was really terrific.|
|Donna D., Victoria, BC|
- Aboriginal Tourism connections with local First Nations ownership, services, and everyday interactions
- Kayaking Professionals as respected pioneers, educators, innovators and leaders
- Ecotourism affiliations with the Wilderness Tourism Association of BC, Aboriginal Tourism BC, the Georgia Strait Alliance, BC Marine Trails Network, BC Cetacean Sightings Network, and the Sea Kayak Guides Alliance of BC
- Responsible tourism commitments to the area, including volunteer environmental monitoring & stewardship
- Unmatched base camp comforts & conveniences with very low site impacts & carbon footprint
- Personalized west coast adventures that bring loved ones and friends together, building community
|Owners David Pinel, Caroline Fisher, and Bev Hansen-Michel invite you to share in the joy, wonder, and discovery of a kayaking vacation with West Coast Expeditions in Kyuquot Sound, the Bunsby Islands, and the Muquin/Brooks Peninsula areas.
Combined, we offer 80+ years of experience in the Kyuquot area, with the Kyuquot and Checleset people.
And together, David and Caroline offer almost 50 years of experience as respected wilderness leaders, eco-adventure tourism facilitators, and marine educators. Both are veteran sea kayaking guides who, together with our staff, skilfully weave together personalized vacations that help to connect people to the coast in comfortable, refreshing, and authentic ways. We offer memorable and meaningful Vancouver Island adventure travel experiences.
Whether new to kayaking or an advanced paddler, new to the BC coast or intimately familiar with this magnificent setting, we can make it happen for you.