4-Day Kyuquot Kayaking Getaway - Glamping & Exploring
|I loved this trip. I can't say enough good things about my experience. The area is so gorgeous - it really created a space within myself.|
|Marilyn B, Ontario|
This adventure fuses the rustic comforts of glamping, with the opportunity to explore Spring Island and the historic Mission Group of Islands by sea kayak, while experiencing sea otters, rugged shorelines, idyllic shell beaches, and many other delights, which makes it feel like you've had a much longer vacation.
These trips begin and end from your accommodation in Comox/Courtenay or Campbell River, include van transportation, a scenic boat ride to our Wilderness Retreat base camp, and the perfect mix of personal and group time once on the west coast of Canada.
Our daily routines flow with the tides, weather, and wildlife.
Taking full advantage of the comforts and conveniences of our base camp, each day's outings by sea kayak and foot allow us to share nearby highlights, including:
- curious sea otters, sea lions, and the possibility of kayaking with whales, which can include humpback, grey, Minke and killer whales
- bald eagles, osprey, great blue herons, other marine birds, and sometimes even tufted puffins
- coastal wolf and black bear viewing by kayak while they forage along the shoreline
- inviting shell beaches on rocky islets laden with marine life in tide pools
- giant Sitka spruce trees topped with the massive nests of bald eagles
- incredibly picturesque sunsets and sunrises
- historic and current village sites of the local First Nations people
- some of the most spectacular surf-pounded shores off the West Coast of Canada