Welcome to Pacific Rim Paddling Folk!
We feel honoured that when "moving on", Jasmine at PRP approached us as the company she feels most comfortable referring PRP guests to. We're excited that you're now here on our site, interested and curious enough to be checking us out, and hopefully keen for some continued paddling...!
Over the years we've had a number of happy guests who've raved about their experience with PRP, and have similarly loved their time with us. We look forward to getting to know more happy paddlers like them - people like you who are active, curious, fun company, and engaged in their surroundings.
Like PRP we've been pioneers and industry leaders in delivering professional sea kayak tours and in helping to set and maintain industry standards for guest safety. While PRP has offered exciting experiences in many different locations around the world, our almost singular focus has been in one location, the Kyuquot Sound and Checleset Bay area on the little known and visited northwest coast of Vancouver Island. We offer unique wilderness kayaking and camping experiences in a distinct Canadian location.
In a nutshell, we operate out of an enchanting wilderness retreat with rustic comforts, and are immersed every day in the fascinating ecology of and interplay of sea otters, majestic old-growth forests, and the rich Aboriginal culture and people of Kyuquot. Our guests range in age from 6 months old to 87 years old!
From our base on Spring Island in Kyuquot, we offer 4 to 6 Day Base Camp Sea Kayaking options, and 6 to 8 Day Kayaking Expeditions that are further afield to the Bunsby Islands, Brooks Peninsula, and Rugged Point. Both options - Base Camp or Expedition - have plenty of interesting water and shore-based features to satisfy experienced paddlers. The Base Camp format offers more flexibility in daily itineraries for a range of paddling interests and comfort levels, and the Expeditions are designed for those with more skill and confidence for 'bigger days' and paddling loaded kayaks.
If you've made it to this page and read this far, please enjoy continuing to get to know us better and make it easy to keep in touch and learn more by:
- Surfing through our website;
- Contacting us for more information or with questions: we're happy to be your paddling resource, including helping with recommendations about colleagues who are top kayak tour operators in other regions;
- Following and "liking" us on Facebook - a great way stay tuned with our most current news and links;
- Subscribing to our email newsletters - these are sent every 2-3 months and contain seasonal highlights, fresh announcements, and promotions that are only available to subscribers; we promise not to spam your inbox;
- Looking through reviews on Trip Advisor and testimonials from our past guests to read their perspective about what they enjoyed most, and how we've compared to other experiences; or
- Jumping in with both feet and reserving your space on one of our experiences - be sure to let us know that you found us through PRP!
We congratulate all of the past owners of Pacific Rim Paddling, notably Heidi, Dugald, Morgan, Dave, Jasmine, and their many wonderful guides for delivering excellence in paddling experiences for so many years. And we look forward to becoming a part of your ongoing paddling adventures that further connect you with coastal ecology and culture, and good times on the water!
Hope to see you in a kayak!