All Things Media & News Related!
|In the Media||For the Media|
|News Releases & Blog Articles||Newsletter Archive|
- Over 50 successful appointments at Rendez-vous Canada in Vancouver (May 27-30, 2014) - "Canada's premier international tourism marketplace" for tourism professionals. Bring on the world!
- Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor - thanks for all of the great reviews everyone!
- Featured in the "Wild Isle" episode of the UnderEXPOSED TV documentary series on Aboriginal Peoples' Television Network (APTN)
- First sea kayaking tour company in Canada to be Awarded Green Tourism Gold through a third party assessment process!
- Recently refreshed the look and function of our website, including responsive design for scaling on smartphones, tablets, and larger screen sizes - trying to keep it convenient and fully accessible through technology!
- Prominent front page story in the Comox Valley Echo, profiling us as offering the only Canadian Signature Experience by a company from the Comox Valley.
- Selected and featured in the Canadian Tourism Commission's Canadian Signature Experience collection announcement that's been picked up by media across the country! Here's our own news release about this exciting national recognition and promotion.
- Recently included in the "Business and Pleasure" article in Douglas Magazine's "Get Inspired" Meetings & Retreats Insert, Oct/Nov 2013!
- British Columbia Magazine's "Spiffy Biffies" cultural piece (Spring 2013) just profiled one of our outhouses!
- Getting Kyuquot on the destination map: off the beaten path and into the 2013 Discovery Guide for the Campbell River Region
- Savour Magazine profiles an experience with us! We've always encouraged that folks join us to savour the best of the west coast!
- Ground transportation (van shuttle) now included from either the Comox Valley or Campbell River for our 4 & 5 day base camp experiences, and our 7 & 8 day expeditions starting in 2013! Convenient, enjoyable, and lessening our overall carbon footprint.
- Enjoy our founding owner, Jerry Lang's reflections about how it all began - The Best of Times
- Our new secure online booking system with trip seat availability is now ready for you! Hopefully this makes your full experience with us, from start to never-ending(!) extra smooth and convenient! We're excited!
- Kyuquot is finally profiled as a tourism and adventure destination in the 2012Campbell River Region Discovery Guide!
- New Photo Gallery posted with images from professional photographer Mike Byrne's time with us in August 2012 - thanks Mike!
- Our location lauded as "The Perfect Island" by Coast & Kayak Magazine in their Spring 2012 issue - see, it's not just us who think that our base on Spring Island is ideal for west coast kayaking adventures! Location, location, location...together with wonderful guides, staff, meals, and camping comforts. A winning recipe!
2010 & 11
- Our long-anticipated new website is now launched - you're on it!! Hooray! We hope you enjoy our fresh look, new logo, rich images, and ease of navigation - let our new site become part of your year-round escape! Please let us know of any glitches or oversights - websites are never "done". Also, to all of our guests with amazing photography skills, thank you for sharing your images, and please bear with us while we gradually label as many photo credits as possible.
- We had an awesome 2010 season full of unprecedented sea otter & humpback whale watching opportunities, memorable feasts, and incredible guests - many returning and many first-timers. THANK YOU. Group bookings are starting to come in for the 2011 season - don't miss out.
- WCE was featured in the The Globe & Mail "Sea Kayaking Vancouver Island's Wild West Coast" on August 14, 2010 - experience kayaking with us through the talented pen and lens of Canada's charismatic adventurer Bruce Kirkby while out with his family!
- The next weekend, The Calgary Herald and other websites in the PostMedia chain then featured another article about "Paddling with Otters in Kyuquot Sound" with West Coast Expeditions!
- Westworld Magazine just featured WCE & Kayaking Kyuquot Sound as the summer 2010 cover story!
- Get to know WCE on YouTube! One video features kayaking with sea otters, another zooms in on our unique base camp kayaking adventures, and the third profiles our diverse and idyllic location for all paddlers. Turn up the volume and be transported out to Kyuquot!
- Tourism Vancouver Island featured images from sea kayaking in Kyuquot with West Coast Expeditions in their 2010 ad campaign and Vacation Guide.
- Vancouver Island North Tourism made use of a kayaking image from WCE in Kyuquot on their brochure cover...even though Kyuquot isn't technically in their "area"! Thanks.
- WCE is continued as a proud sponsor for the second season of West Coast Adventures, a refreshing primetime television series on 4 PBS stations covering Western Canada and the US Pacific Northwest – learn more and view the episodes online.