We've always believed and heard that our experiences are one-of-a-kind. This has just been affirmed and we're now in great company! We're both honoured and thrilled that our 5-Day Sea Otter Kayak Tour was recently selected as a Canadian Signature Experience. This trip is one of 28 new additions to the nation-wide collection that showcases Canada, featuring some of our most outstanding authentic tourism opportunities for global visitors. Here's more of a description provided by the Canadian Tourism Commission.
As new members, we've enjoyed looking through the other Canadian Signature Experiences in BC and across the country, and are tickled to notice that we are:
- the only experience that starts and finishes in the Comox Valley on Vancouver Island - we hope this helps to boost tourism in our region and on the Island;
- 1 of 2 Signature Experiences in the Campbell River Region, along with Strathcona Park Lodge's "Wildlife Tracking in the Elk River Valley";
- 1 of only 2 sea kayak tours in BC who have received this level of national tourism recognition, sharing this honour with Kingfisher Wilderness Adventures' "Orca Waters Kayaking";
- 1 of only 3 Aboriginal Tourism BC experiences in the collection, and the only one based here on Vancouver Island; the others in BC are Spirit Bear Lodge's "In Search of the Spirit Bear", and the Squamish Lil'wat Cultural Centre's "Ambassador Guided Tour";
- 1 of 9 experiences on Vancouver Island - a great place to visit...or call home!