5-Day Sea Otter Kayak Tour - Kayaking Spring Island, Kyuquot, BC
5-Day Sea Otter Kayak TourRecharge while sharing waters with sea otters, sea lions, and sometimes whales! Experience the welcoming wonder of this remote edge of Vancouver Island and the local Aboriginal culture. A perfect sea kayaking adventure for solo travelers, couples, families or groups.
Book Now ►
OverviewThis trip has been selected by Destination Canada as a "Canadian Signature Experience"! These trips conveniently begin and end from your accommodation in Comox/Courtenay or Campbell River on Vancouver Island, include van transportation, a scenic boat ride to our Wilderness Retreat Base Camp, and the perfect mix of personal and group time on the west coast.
Our daily routines flow with the tides, weather, Aboriginal cultural and community opportunities, and wildlife. Taking full advantage of the comforts and conveniences of our base camp, each day's outings by sea kayak and foot allow us to share nearby highlights, including:
- curious sea otters, sea lions, and possibly of kayaking with whales, which can include humpback, grey, MInke & killer whales
- tufted puffins, bald eagles, osprey & other marine birds
- black bear viewing from kayaks while they forage along the shoreline
- Aboriginal cultural interactions and traditional salmon feast around an open fire
- paddling through and learning about historic and current sites of the local Kyuquot-Checleset First Nations people
- inviting shell beaches on rocky islets laden with marine life in tide pools
- giant Sitka spruce trees topped with the massive nests of bald eagles
- some of the most spectacular rugged surf-pounded shores
- incredibly picturesque sunsets and sunrises
|Our best family expedition ever!|
|Ballantyne family, Victoria, BC|
When on interpretive walks, if we don't have answers for your many questions, we'll try to find out more from our resource library in the dining and activity shelter at our island retreat.